Assistant Project Manager
We are hoping to hire a professional, reliable, Assistant Project Manager to assist us with the day-to-day management of custom home builds in the Wilmington North Carolina area. We are looking for someone to join our team who wants to grow with us as we grow!
We are a high-growth company full of high-achieving competitors. We constantly look for ways to improve and challenge each other to produce outstanding results. The environment is fast-paced, fun, empowering, and extremely rewarding. We are passionate about what we do and about helping homeowners.
If you are the ideal person for this job, we can offer you a safe and stable work environment, opportunity to grow with the company, a family focused environment, flexibility, and the opportunity to work in a growth minded team environment where your daily contribution makes a difference. The pay range for the position is based on experience, performance, and achievement of team goals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Managing your active projects
- Communicating with your subcontractors and vendors daily to maintain a great team culture
- Establish strong working relationships with our trade partners & vendors
- Prioritize tasks on multiple projects at once & strategically organize your teams and workload
- Schedule and organize your team in a manner that is both effective and efficient to getting the job done within the designated time frame
- Reporting back to the company on the status of your projects
- Daily visits to construction sites where you will monitor the progress of your team and ensure the work has been completed correctly
- Ensure that your team meets deadlines and company standards
- Meet customers weekly to provide updates and address any outstanding items
- Respond to customer inquiries via phone, text, and email
- Timely (same day) follow up with customers
- Manage active projects
- Interview and Onboard new subcontractors/vendors as applicable
- Oversee and direct construction crews on projects from conception to completion.
- Review current projects in-depth weekly via job tracking and call-ins to confirm schedules are being met or exceeded.
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Coordinate and direct with any subcontractors.
- Review the work progress on a daily / weekly basis.
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques.
- Ensure construction crews are maintaining current, updated “As-Built” drawings throughout the duration of each project.
- Ensure all testing and inspection documentation is maintained as each project progresses.
- Coordinate inspections with local authorities.
- Schedule material deliveries to job sites.
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are critical
- Ability to manage relationships, both internally and externally
- Able to multi-task, organize, and prioritize time and responsibilities
- Proficiency with e-mail & scheduling systems
- Required experience in construction management.
- Excellent time management and organizational abilities.
- Ability to read and understand building plans.
- Ability to drive a truck with a trailer attached.
- Availability to take and make calls after hours.
- Technologically sound.
- Able to work and excel independently without constant oversight.
- Experienced knowledge of construction management processes means and methods.
- Experienced knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
- Understanding of facets of the construction process.
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture.”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field is a plus but not required.
- Ability to pass a drug test.
Please DO NOT apply to this position if you:
- Are NOT ambitious and you are looking for an easy, low-energy position
- Are NOT self-motivated
- Are looking for a short-term position and you aren’t willing to work hard to achieve your goals
- Startup culture; for those looking to work hard and develop a rewarding career with growth opportunities
- Health and Dental Care Paid for 100% after vesting period
- Tablet Provided
- Easy to use technology platform to handle all aspects of project management
- Associates/ Bachelor’s (Preferred but not required)
- 1+ years of Construction Experience Preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Wilmington, NC 28403: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: In person